Welkom op het Florida Forum!

Dé grootste online community over Florida

•  » Heb je vragen over je vlucht, accommodatie of autohuur?
  •  » Wil je graag advies voor je reisschema?
  •  » Wil je graag anderen vertellen over je mooie Florida reis?

...dan ben je op het Florida Forum aan het juiste adres!

Ja, ik wil mij graag gratis aanmelden!

p.s.: Geregistreerde gebruikers zien ook nog eens veel minder reclameboodschappen!

Tip! Bouw je eigen Florida fly-drive
Reis met eigen huurauto en ontdek naast de bekende plekken ook charmante vissersdorpjes en verscholen eilanden.

Pagina 1 van de 5 123 ... LaatsteLaatste
Resultaten 1 tot 10 van de 49

Onderwerp: Extra controle handbagage vluchten VS (vanaf 8 juli 2014)

1. Top | #1
    Regelmatige Bezoeker
    Ingeschreven
    Jan 2012

Standaard Extra controle handbagage vluchten VS (vanaf 8 juli 2014)

Hallo,
    deze informatie hebben wij zojuist via onze travel counselor ontvangen! Belangrijke informatie voor iedereen die naar Amerika reist!
    De veiligheidsregels zijn dus verscherpt!
    Groetjes,
    De Maresjes

New security regulations for customers on flights to US cities

Good Afternoon,
    We have been advised by the US Transportation Security Administration of additional security regulations for customers flying to the United States.
    All flights continue to operate as normal but customers may be subject to additional searches and questions. We would advise you to instruct your customers to allow for extra time for the various stages of their journey, including check-in, main security search areas and at the boarding gate.
    The main change is that customers with any electronic or battery powered devices (mobile telephones, tablets, e-books, laptops, etc.) may be required to turn on their device in front of security teams and/or demonstrate the item’s functionality.
    If, when asked to do so, customers are not able to demonstrate that their device has power, they will not be allowed to fly on their planned service. It will not be possible for customers to place the item in their hand or hold luggage - they will have to leave the item behind or rebook an alternative flight.
    Customers will still be able to use their electronic devices on board subject to the normal operating rules of the airline they are flying with. Please refer to the airlines own website for specific information.

Advice for customers:
    Please ensure that items you bring with you are fully powered before you arrive at the airport.
    Please do not bring any broken devices to the airport as you will not be able to fly as planned.
    If you are flying to the US as a transfer customer, especially on long journeys, please make sure that you do not deplete the power in your devices while on the first part of your journey. There may be very limited charging points at airports. You may also need an adaptor applicable for electrical sockets for the country you are in.
    Please make sure you arrive in good time for the various stages of your journey, including check-in, main security search areas and at the boarding gate.

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

What electronic devices are covered by this change of security regulations?
    All electronic devices such as tablets, telephones, e-books, laptops are covered by these additional searches. If the security teams ask you to turn on an electronic device in your possession you will be required to do so.

What happens if I don’t have any power left in my electronic device?
    If you are unable to power up your electronic device you will not be allowed to fly. If it does not power up then it cannot be placed in your hand or hold luggage.
    Please do all you can to ensure that any electronic device you have is fully powered before you arrive at the airport.
    There will be very limited facilities at airports to charge electronic items.

I am transferring through another airport on a flight and then onto the US. What happens if my electronic device has run out of battery power by the time I arrive?

All electronic devices must have power and if you are unable to power up your item you will not be allowed to fly.
    Please use your electrical and electronic devices sparingly if you are going to fly on a long journey before getting to London and then transferring onto a US destination.

If my electronic device doesn’t have any power, will I be allowed to rebook?

If your device doesn’t power up when you are requested to do so, you will not be allowed to fly to the US on your original service. Changes to the reservation will be in line with the rules/fees applicable to the fare/fare basis purchased. Waiving of rules applicable to non-changeable tickets will be solely at the airline’s discretion but in the vast majority of cases will not be permitted.

Will all customers on US flights be subject to the additional security measures?

All customers flying to the US must be prepared to have their electronic items searched and they must have sufficient power to be used.

I have just purchased a new electronic item from an airport shop. Can I carry it on board if it has no power?
    You must be prepared to demonstrate that the item has power. The item and its packaging may also be examined by security teams at the boarding gate. Please do all you can to ensure that any new electronic items you purchase at the airport have power before you reach the boarding gate.

Will there be extra charging points at the airport?

There will be some charging points, but you need to ensure that your own devices have enough power at all times. Please do all you can to ensure that your electronic devices are fully powered before arriving at the airport.

Can I use my device on board?

You can use your devices on board in line with the normal guidelines of using electronic devices for the airline you are travelling on.

I no longer wish to travel. Can I change my flight?

Normal ticket rules will apply. Changes will only be permitted on tickets that permit such upon payment of the applicable fees, fare difference, and taxes

I am flying to a destination outside of the US. What will I be required to do?

This regulation applied to travel to the US, however anyone flying to the US and then onward to another destination will still need to comply with these new regulations, as well all the required security and visa regulations for each country being visited.
    Laatst gewijzigd door Njit; 09-07-14 om 09:00. Reden: kleuren veranderd

2. Top | #2

Standaard Re: New security regulations for customers on flights to US cities

Op schiphol wordt (nog) niet op telefoons gecontroleerd. Wel op ereaders, tablets en laptops

3. Top | #3
    Ingeschreven
    Sep 2004

Lijkt me best een gedoe.. Laptop aanzetten, opstarten, weer netjes afsluiten.
    Homepage met al onze reis- en fotoverslagen bij elkaar: https://kloenies.nl/

4. Top | #4
    Ingeschreven
    Sep 2004

Nederlandse tekst van Schiphol: http://www.schiphol.nl/Reizigers/Nie...VluchtenVS.htm

Extra controle handbagage vluchten VS
    Reizigers met een rechtstreekse vlucht naar de Verenigde Staten moeten vanaf dinsdag 8 juli rekening houden met een extra controle van de elektronische apparatuur in hun handbagage. Reizigers kunnen worden verzocht hun apparatuur uit de beschermingshoes te halen en aanzetten. Hierna mag de reiziger de elektronische apparatuur meenemen aan boord. De maatregel geldt alleen voor handbagage.

De maatregel geldt voor alle elektronica met batterijen zoals telefoons, laptops, tablets, camera’s, e-readers, kleine spelcomputers en MP3-spelers. Als de apparatuur op verzoek niet aangezet kan worden of niet uit de beschermhoes gehaald kan worden, mag de apparatuur niet mee het vliegtuig in.

De extra controle vindt plaats aan de gate, voor het boarden en geldt alleen voor rechtstreekse vluchten naar de Verenigde Staten. Schiphol stelt alles in het werk om extra wachttijd te voorkomen. Reizigers kunnen bij hun luchtvaartmaatschappij informeren hoe laat ze op de luchthaven aanwezig moeten zijn.
    Laatst gewijzigd door Njit; 09-07-14 om 09:00.

5. Top | #5
    Ingeschreven
    Sep 2004

Standaard Re: Extra controle handbagage vluchten VS (vanaf 8 juli 2014)

Een laptop staat in het algemeen uit. Pas als je op het knopje drukt gaat er een lampje branden. Maar daarna wordt dus ook het besturingssysteem gestart.
    En ik laat dat in het algemeen netjes doorlopen. Tussentijds afbreken kan later problemen geven.

Een tablet is wat dat betreft makkelijker..

6. Top | #6
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2005

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Njit Bekijk Berichten
    Een laptop staat in het algemeen uit. Pas als je op het knopje drukt gaat er een lampje branden. Maar daarna wordt dus ook het besturingssysteem gestart.
    En ik laat dat in het algemeen netjes doorlopen. Tussentijds afbreken kan later problemen geven.

Een tablet is wat dat betreft makkelijker..
    Ben dan ook nog steeds reuzeblij met mn MacBook Air
    At the moment busy planning our 2nd USA/Florida-trip for this year

7. Top | #7
    Ingeschreven
    Sep 2004

Gaan we nog meer een uurtje eerder weg Kan nog even duren met het mandje met appels (5), de camera en de slowstarters (2). Zo is de layover wel een stuk sneller voorbij. We gaan het wel zien.
    Been There, Done That, Will Probably Do It Again.......Many Times...... Reisverslagen:DILLIGAF

AAA Member (All America Addicted) Mission Completed ! All 50 States Visited

8. Top | #8

Lampje is niet voldoende. Is ook logisch als je daar zelf over nadenkt.

9. Top | #9
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2005

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Maresjes Bekijk Berichten
    Hallo,
    deze informatie hebben wij zojuist via onze travel counselor ontvangen!
    Was da voor iets ?
    At the moment busy planning our 2nd USA/Florida-trip for this year

10. Top | #10
    Florida Superfanaat
    Ingeschreven
    Oct 2004

h
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door PENPE Bekijk Berichten
    Was da voor iets ?
    Een hippe term voor een soort 1-persoonsreisbureau.

Forum Rechten