Welkom op het Florida Forum!

Dé grootste online community over Florida

•  » Heb je vragen over je vlucht, accommodatie of autohuur?
  •  » Wil je graag advies voor je reisschema?
  •  » Wil je graag anderen vertellen over je mooie Florida reis?

...dan ben je op het Florida Forum aan het juiste adres!

Ja, ik wil mij graag gratis aanmelden!

p.s.: Geregistreerde gebruikers zien ook nog eens veel minder reclameboodschappen!

Tip! Bouw je eigen Florida fly-drive
Reis met eigen huurauto en ontdek naast de bekende plekken ook charmante vissersdorpjes en verscholen eilanden.

Pagina 1 van de 2 12 LaatsteLaatste
Resultaten 1 tot 10 van de 14

Onderwerp: Government Shutdown: problemen?

1. Top | #1
    Florida Superfanaat
    Ingeschreven
    Oct 2004

Standaard Government Shutdown: problemen?

Ik vlieg morgen (3/10) met Delta AMS-DTW-MCO en ben benieuwd naar eventueel te verwachten problemen/vertragingen.

Heeft iemand al problemen/vertragingen ondervonden?

2. Top | #2
    Ingeschreven
    Sep 2004

Standaard Re: Government Shutdown: problemen?

Denk niet dat je er veel van merkt..

9 questions answered: Impact of government shutdown on travelers

Hitting the road soon? A possible federal government shutdown could put a serious damper on your travel plans.

If the government shuts down on Oct. 1, tourists may experience travel delays and won’t be able to access some of the country’s top sites, including the Statue of Liberty and other attractions run by the National Park Service.

The possible government shut down doesn’t just impact tourists; it can affect school trips, weddings and have a detrimental knock-on effect for local business that rely on tourism this time of the year.

Here are some questions answered to help you navigate a federal shutdown:

Will airports be open and security screening take place? Yes, expect some delays, but security will remain tight. According to the TSA, nonessential employees will be furloughed, but “the majority of our officers who screen passengers/luggage will remain on the job,” TSA spokesman Ross Feinstein tweeted.

Will my flight take off? Yes, federal air traffic controllers would remain on the job.

Can I get a last minute passport? Probably not. The Department of State says that it would continue processing foreign applications for visas and U.S. applications for passports. That’s because it has some funds outside the annual congressional appropriation. But if the government shuts down, you should expect delays. During the other government shut down in 1995-1996, 20,000 to 30,000 applications by foreigners for visas went unprocessed each day, while 200,000 U.S. applications for passports went unprocessed, according to a report by the Congressional Research Service.

Will all national parks, museums and zoos sites really be closed? Yes, and you can add battle fields, historic homes, monuments or any other federally funded tourist site to that list. That’s 401 sites in all, including the Smithsonian museums, Great Smoky Mountains, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island in New York, as well as Independence Hall in Philadelphia and the National Zoo in Washington, D.C.

Can at least watch the Baby Panda Cam? Sadly, you’ll have to get your dose of cuteness somewhere else. The daily antics of the newborn panda cub on the National Zoo’s "Baby Panda Cam" have become a popular pastime for thousands of viewers. The zoo said that managing the panda cam requires staff and volunteers.

Wait! What if I am already at a park at a remote camp site? Park officials probably have already notified you that you’ll have to leave. They should have given you 48 hours prior notice for you to make alternate plans.

Can I get a gun permit for a gun I want for my hunting trip? If you don’t already have a gun permit, you probably won’t be able to get one.

Should I plan on taking Amtrak for my trip from Boston to Washington? Yes. Amtrak, which relies on federal subsidies, is vowing to keep operating, saying that, "Passengers planning to travel on Amtrak trains in the Northeast Corridor and across the country in the coming days and weeks can be assured that Amtrak will remain open for business."

Will I be able to get back into U.S. after my trip to Niagara Falls? Yes, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers should remain on duty, so you can clear immigration and customs in the U.S., though staffing may be more limited than usual. CBP said it is unsure of how the shutdown will affect the processing of applications filed at the border.
    Laatst gewijzigd door Njit; 02-10-13 om 15:02.
    Homepage met al onze reis- en fotoverslagen bij elkaar: https://kloenies.nl/

3. Top | #3
    Florida Superfanaat
    Ingeschreven
    Oct 2004

Er wordt in bovenstaand artikel toch gesproken over "travel delays" voor toeristen en ik heb ook voorbij zien komen, dat de bezetting van douane en immigration op de luchthavens verminderd was.

Aanvulling:
    Net op de site van Washington Dulles gelezen:
    Airports will Operate Normally During Federal Shutdown

Dulles International and Reagan National airports will operate normally during a U.S. Government shutdown. Federal front-line staffing of agencies providing passenger screening, customs processing and air traffic control will not be adversely impacted by a government shutdown.

Geeft hoop!
    Laatst gewijzigd door knaapje; 02-10-13 om 15:35.

4. Top | #4
    Ingeschreven
    May 2008

betekent dit dat Disney World ook dicht is? Lijkt me wel heel straf!

5. Top | #5
    Florida Superfanaat
    Ingeschreven
    Oct 2004

Neen.
    Alleen door de overheid beheerde attracties en parken.
    De nationale parken (Yosimite enzo) en bijv. het Vrijheidsbeeld in NY.

6. Top | #6
    Vaste Bezoeker
    Ingeschreven
    Jan 2008

En voeg daar een deel van NASA maar aan toe. Visitor Centre is wel open, maar de Up Close tours worden niet gehouden.
    Volgend bezoekje Jun/Jul 2014
    Vorige keren: Nov. 2013, Nov. 2012, Jun. 2012, Sep. 2010, Apr. 2010, Okt 2009, Apr. 2009, Sep. 2008 en Apr. 2004

7. Top | #7
    Ingeschreven
    Dec 2004

Je kunt er op wachten: de memes en cartoons over de shutdown stromen binnen!

Florida '98, '00, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08², '09, '11, '12, '13, '14, 15²

8. Top | #8
    Florida Fanaat
    Ingeschreven
    Sep 2013

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door knaapje Bekijk Berichten
    Neen.
    Alleen door de overheid beheerde attracties en parken.
    De nationale parken (Yosimite enzo) en bijv. het Vrijheidsbeeld in NY.

Ach, de problemen zijn misschien niet zo groot.
    Maar ik stond gisteren voor een gesloten Yellowstone Park
    En daar komen we niet ieder jaar.

9. Top | #9
    Ingeschreven
    May 2007
    Waddinxveen - Nederland... en Sebring, Florida

Hoe zit dat met de Everglades? Voor US 41 hoef je niet door een post met een ranger. De meeste attracties daar, zoals airboats, zijn particulier initiatief en dus hoogst waarschijnlijk open. Van de ingang via Homestead naar Flamingo weet ik dat niet. Gaat de weg daar via een toegang waar je moet betalen?

10. Top | #10
    Stamgast
    Ingeschreven
    May 2011

Er is aan de ingang van de Evergaldes een tolhuis waar je moet betalen:

Forum Rechten