PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Bill Heard Chevrolet: Failliet!

FloridaVerslaafde
26-09-08, 00:37
Diegene die via de I-4 naar Daytona hebben gereden zullen deze auto dealer vast en zeker zijn opgevallen. Een ENORME dealer van Chevrolet met 1000den auto's op z'n terrein. De grootste Chevy dealer van Florida, onderdeel van 13 dealers in geheel de VS. Een jaaromzet van $2.500.000.000 en bijna 3500 werknemers. Opgericht in 1907 en nu...............
Failliet, kaput, dicht, gesloten vanaf vandaag.
Dit is toch wel een teken dat het zeer slecht gaat in de VS.

:cool:

Njit
26-09-08, 08:02
Wat meer info:

The bad news about the economy has hit Tampa Bay. Bill Heard Chevrolet, the largest Chevy retailer in the country, is closing the doors at its Plant City location and 12 other dealerships nationwide.

Some employees at the Plant City dealership, which employed about 200 people, say they got the news from the internet."Actually, we found out today via the internet that all the stores was [sic] closing," said mechanic Robert Hoover, who had worked for GM for over 25 years.

The dealership employed about 3,500 people nationwide.

Managers at the Plant City location say their dealership needed to sell about 300 new vehicles a month. But since January, they'd been selling closer to 100 a month.

"[I'm] extremely surprised," said long-time customer Thomas Dominicak. "We've been dealing with Bill Heard Chevrolet for years. They're the ones who service our vehicles. They've always done good jobs."

GM will honor all Chevrolet warranties at other nearby dealerships, which can be found on the Chevrolet website, said GM spokesperson Susan Garontakos.

She would not comment on reasons for the chain closing, other than to say it was an independent business with GM franchise agreements.

GM will work with the Heard chain and do research to decide if any of the dealers will reopen, she said.

The automaker is trying to reduce its dealership ranks as its U.S. market share has declined. Garontakos said the closure opens an opportunity to look into whether any of the Heard outlets can be consolidated into nearby dealerships.

The company had five dealerships in Georgia and eight in five other states Alabama, Florida, Nevada, Tennessee and Texas. A dealership in Scottsdale, Arizona closed on September 12.

"What really worries me is not me. I can find a job," Hoover said.

"But when the world's largest Chevy dealership has to shut 13 stores down, it says something about the economy."

Ta2 Gerrit
26-09-08, 09:01
Toch wel even een momentje van "Allejezus !" (excusez le mot).
Wij zijn daar diverse keren geweest (die aan de I-4) om onderdelen te bestellen/halen.
Die laat letterlijk een grote leegte achter. *&*%$@* voor het personeel.